Closing Date: 31 August 2014
Bursaries will be allocated on the basis of a balanced consideration of the following factors:
- Academic performance
- Race and gender
- Financial need
- Need of DWA in reference of the specific qualification
- An interview schedule
Assistance will be provided on a year-to-year basis and bursaries will be renewed only if performance of bursars is satisfactory.
Successful applicants to the bursary scheme receive the following support:
- Full tertiary registration and tuition costs
- Residence and meal fees
- Book allowance
- An annual personal allowance
Students pursuing the following fields of study are eligible to apply for this bursary:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Aquatic Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Law
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Science
- Geographical information Systems
- Water and Sanitation
- Water Care
- Water Resource Management
- Water Utilisation
- DWA will require bursars who obtain their qualifications to join the Water Learning Academy on a fixed term contract with DWA for a period of maximum of five (5) years but not less than three (3) years.
- Should bursars choose not to meet this obligation the bursars will be required to reimburse DWA for all monies spent on the tertiary studies, inclusive of calculated interests.
How To Apply
Fill in the application form (Click to download form) and submit all application forms to:
- Department of Water Affairs, Director: Learning Academy, Private Bag x313, Pretoria,0001 or
- Email: [email protected].
Please Note: Applications open 1 April 2014.